Welcome to our Surgery Website
We aim to provide a high quality medical service to our patients with the help of other members of our practice team - by working with patients to optimise health, medical treatment and disease prevention
We hope to use our surgery website as a way of presenting all our patients with an up to date resource for all information relating to our practice. We will keep it current with any news, developments & details that are relevant to the practice & our patients.
As well as a source of information about our Practice, the staff & the services we provide, we hope you use the website as a useful resource with links to other reliable websites for health related information. If there is topical health information we will also add this to the website.
We would like to encourage all patients to update their contact details regularly. This includes email addresses. Please note no information is shared with any outside parties.
Online Appointments & Prescriptions
You can now order your repeat prescriptions and book your appointments online, via this website. To use this service you must first register your interest in person. Please come to reception and they will supply you with the necessary forms to fill out and then you can begin using our online services.
We know many people are interested in the COVID-19 vaccination. Please contact reception to book an appointment if you have an underlying health condition or if your date of birth falls into the date ranges below:
60 years to 64 DOB 1.04.1956-31.03.1961
55 years to 59 DOB 01.04.1961-31.03.1966
50 years to 54 DOB 01.04.1966 -31.03.1971
Due to the rapidly developing COVID-19 virus pandemic we have had to introduce containment measures to protect our patients and staff.
The following measures have been implemented to ensure that we can provide a functional service for our patients.
- Do NOT attend the practice unless expressly advised to do so by a member of staff.
- All GP appointments will be triaged by a GP. Please contact the practice on 02894413950.
- Patients with mild respiratory symptoms should self isolate and follow the clinical advice on www.nidirect.gov.uk
- If you have significant respiratory symptoms please contact NHS 111 or the surgery 02894413950.
- Prescriptions must be ordered by telephone or online and must be collected from a nominated pharmacy. If you are unable to get through to the surgery please ring 07395961326 to order your prescription or sickline only.
- Hospital outpatient prescription letters can be handed in at the surgery window. Please write the nominated pharmacy on the envelope.
- Patients can self certify for up to seven days and self certificates can be accessed online at HMRC. Medical certificates should be requested by telephone and will be posted or emailed to patients.
Thank you for your understanding
Dr Kidd & Dr Cosgrove
The surgery will be closed on Monday 5th April 21 & Tuesday 6th April 21.
In the event of a medical emergency please contact Dalriada Urgent Care on 028 25 663500.
Protect yourself against meningitis and septicaemia-If you are aged 14-18years old(or aged up to 25 years and starting university for the first time this year) you will need to get the MenACWY vaccination. The leaflet below explains why.
Please contact reception to book an appointment.
Self care advice / Information
The Pain Toolkit...is for people who live with persistent pain. The Pain Toolkit is a simple information booklet that could provide you with some handy tips and skills to support you along the way to manage your pain. For more information please click on the link www.paintoolkit.org
Do you really need a prescription for over the counter medicines like paracetamol and ibuprofen? When required for short term minor illnesses, it is better for the health service if you buy these medicines without a prescription.
Talk to your local pharmacist if you need some advice for minor ailments. You don't need an appointment!
Please click on the link below for further information.
Patient Information Posters
Please click on the link below to access information on cancer screening. This information has been produced by the Public Health Agency.
(Site updated 26/03/2021)